I have a Yeast Infection, No Money, No Health Insurance, and I went to Planned Parenthood. My Visit and Treatment Was Covered by Their Insurance.


[Yeast infection, Planned Parenthood, Great Review]I’ve had a really persistent yeast infection for just over a month now and I went to planned parent hood to get it checked out. I have about 2 cents in my bank account, I am a 21 year old female. I’m currently uninsured, I’m a full time student (on my own) who is also a Resident Assistant, and works for the Campus Recycling Center. Being an RA covers my college room and board, and I get a stipend of $20 bi weekly. I work 8 hours a week at the recycling center and get about $120 bi weekly. That’s a grand total of $140 every two weeks. So I’ve been avoiding going to the doctors because I really cannot afford it. I tried using Monistat ($16) because that worked the last time I was yeasty. It didn’t work this time.My male sexual partner has insurance so I suggested that he go to Planned Parenthood to get an STI test done just for us to be safe. He did and he came up clean, but he also went out of his way to ask about yeast infections while he was there.Planned Parenthood explained the complications of yeast infections and that sometimes it needs a medicine to clear it up. He also asked Planned Parenthood about payment. Based on my income, the visit AND treatment would be under $30. I can afford that easily. I made my appointment despite only have 2 cents in my bank account.I made my appointment online. It was so easy that I did it during my ecology lecture. It was a little weird having “Planned Parenthood” pop up on my phone screen, my professor probably thinks I’m pregnant now. But overall it took maybe 7 minutes.I had my appointment yesterday morning and it went literally so well. My male partner brought me. Everyone working there was female! I had two young females assist me. They spoke to me like a real person with a real issue, and they really empathized with me. (Because all vaginas have maintenance issues at one point or another). We talked about birth control, yeast, diabetes, college, and I felt zero judgement. They got their samples and ran their tests. The yeast infection was positive, and they gave me medicine right there on the spot. One for now, and one for later. The best part was I didn’t pay a dime! Since I have 2 cents in my bank account, and because I make about $130 a every two weeks, they had me fill out an insurance application, and now I will be covered by insurance for the visit. I can even go online to complete the insurance application and be insured for a longer amount of time!It was a really great experience for me. Knowing that I can go there for some of my medical issues makes me feel empowered and in control of my finances and health.Edit: Wow! I just wanted to share my experience. I never expected this to make the front page! Like, this is my second post ever, that's crazy to me! Thanks for everyone who commented support and care. And thanks for everyone who reached out through DM. I've read a lot of reddit posts talking about how to care and treat yeast infections, and tons more talking about the services that Planned Parenthood offers. I wanted to give more validity to those great services and I think it's great that you all have shared home remedies that have worked for you! Now other people like me can come back to the comments on this post when they may not know what else to do. Thanks Reddit!! via /r/TwoXChromosomes http://ift.tt/2ABapfC

[Yeast infection, Planned Parenthood, Great Review]

I’ve had a really persistent yeast infection for just over a month now and I went to planned parent hood to get it checked out. I have about 2 cents in my bank account, I am a 21 year old female. I’m currently uninsured, I’m a full time student (on my own) who is also a Resident Assistant, and works for the Campus Recycling Center. Being an RA covers my college room and board, and I get a stipend of $20 bi weekly. I work 8 hours a week at the recycling center and get about $120 bi weekly. That’s a grand total of $140 every two weeks. So I’ve been avoiding going to the doctors because I really cannot afford it. I tried using Monistat ($16) because that worked the last time I was yeasty. It didn’t work this time.

My male sexual partner has insurance so I suggested that he go to Planned Parenthood to get an STI test done just for us to be safe. He did and he came up clean, but he also went out of his way to ask about yeast infections while he was there.

Planned Parenthood explained the complications of yeast infections and that sometimes it needs a medicine to clear it up. He also asked Planned Parenthood about payment. Based on my income, the visit AND treatment would be under $30. I can afford that easily. I made my appointment despite only have 2 cents in my bank account.

I made my appointment online. It was so easy that I did it during my ecology lecture. It was a little weird having “Planned Parenthood” pop up on my phone screen, my professor probably thinks I’m pregnant now. But overall it took maybe 7 minutes.

I had my appointment yesterday morning and it went literally so well. My male partner brought me. Everyone working there was female! I had two young females assist me. They spoke to me like a real person with a real issue, and they really empathized with me. (Because all vaginas have maintenance issues at one point or another). We talked about birth control, yeast, diabetes, college, and I felt zero judgement. They got their samples and ran their tests. The yeast infection was positive, and they gave me medicine right there on the spot. One for now, and one for later. The best part was I didn’t pay a dime! Since I have 2 cents in my bank account, and because I make about $130 a every two weeks, they had me fill out an insurance application, and now I will be covered by insurance for the visit. I can even go online to complete the insurance application and be insured for a longer amount of time!

It was a really great experience for me. Knowing that I can go there for some of my medical issues makes me feel empowered and in control of my finances and health.

Edit: Wow! I just wanted to share my experience. I never expected this to make the front page! Like, this is my second post ever, that's crazy to me! Thanks for everyone who commented support and care. And thanks for everyone who reached out through DM. I've read a lot of reddit posts talking about how to care and treat yeast infections, and tons more talking about the services that Planned Parenthood offers. I wanted to give more validity to those great services and I think it's great that you all have shared home remedies that have worked for you! Now other people like me can come back to the comments on this post when they may not know what else to do. Thanks Reddit!!

Comentarios